Autor Thema: DaC Interview mit Tim Cain  (Gelesen 1410 mal)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
DaC Interview mit Tim Cain
« am: 23. Februar 2010, 11:22:42 Uhr »
Fallout Fanseite Duck and Cover hat ein Interview mit Fallout-Vater Tim Cain durchgezogen. Sehr nett zu lesen und auch empfohlen.

Zitat
DAC: A lot of us are already very familiar with you, but the release of Fallout 3 ushered in a new generation of Fallout fans who might be a bit too young to have been around during the "golden era" of the Fallout series. Can you give us a little information about your background and how you got started in the Fallout world?
Tim: I have been working in the computer game industry since I was sixteen years old, and I continued to work in it to pay for college and graduate school. I worked as a programmer, but I also did quite a bit of design work too, until finally in 1994 while at Interplay, I got the opportunity to be a project leader and pick my own project. I started by myself, but within a year I had a small team. We knew we wanted to make a cRPG, but fantasy seemed too common at the time, so we went with a post-nuclear setting. For a while it looked like we might be the sequel to Wasteland, but the license never became available and we ended up designing our own world, which became the world of Fallout.

DAC: What are your thoughts and opinions on Fallout 3 and its various DLCs from Bethesda? Did you play/finish the game?
Tim: I played and finished Fallout 3 as soon as it came out. I really enjoyed the game, and I think Bethesda’s designers had really done their homework. The game showed they had a deep understanding and knowledge of the key aspects of the original games. I even replayed it a few times to see how I could have different experiences, and I had fun with that.

Of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it.

DAC: What was your initial reaction when you learned that Bethesda bought the license from Interplay?
Tim: I was surprised and a little disappointed. I was hoping that Troika would get the license, but we were massively outbid. But in the end, they made a good game, and I went to a great company to make MMOs, so all was well.

DAC: Looking back, is there anything that you would have changed about the original Fallout games?
Tim: Oh, there is so much that I would have done differently based on what I know now. The interface could have been improved, and there are ways to speed up and balance the turn-based combat system to make it more comparable with modern games. I also wished our budget could have been larger, not only to make a bigger and longer game, but also to have a real marketing campaign. Sometimes I feel that Fallout 1 was basically an advertisement for Fallout 2. :-)

Das komplette Interview könnt ihr auf Duck and Cover finden.

Link:
Tim Cain Interview auf DaC
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline Ralexand

• Far Go Traders
  • Highwaymanfahrer
Re: DaC Interview mit Tim Cain
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Februar 2010, 13:28:33 Uhr »
Bevor das hier noch untergeht...
Zitat
Of course, I would have done things differently if I had made it.
ist wohl stark abgeschwächt.  ;D

Was macht Tim nun eigtl? Hab gelesen der macht nen MMO für NCSoft, was ich nich so toll finden würde. Insgesammt sind ja fast alle Devs von Troika in alle Winde zerstreut und nur wenige nach Obsidian.
Eine der 10 Gebote besagt, du sollst nicht Doppelposten in des FalloutNow's Forum.

Ich bin schon froh, wenn meine Pflanzen nicht sterben.