Autor Thema: Inside the Vault: Chris Avellone  (Gelesen 1341 mal)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
Inside the Vault: Chris Avellone
« am: 07. April 2010, 22:49:00 Uhr »
Wieder hat der Bethblog ein neues Interview online. Diesmal mit MCA, Senior Designer von Fallout: New Vegas.

Zitat
Any fun facts you’d like to share about Obsidian?
All of our desk drawers are designed to be rolled out and used as extra seats. The rollers also mean that if we wanted to, we could have a demolition derby in the halls, although I can’t confirm that in a public forum.

How did you get into the industry? Do you have any tips for breaking in?
I was traded for $300 worth of software. My advice? Be persistent and work hard. Eventually some editor, developer, or someone with more money than you will get into trouble and need your help to fill a gap in their pipeline or product line for a ridiculously low price. This ridiculous price will still end up being more than what you’re making at a job you may love a lot, however, as happened to me. After that, all you need to do is drive across the United States to the opposite coast in a failing Dodge Omni. True story.

Thus far, what’s been the highlight of your career?
Threatened by Ron Perlman. He was just tired. In the next game we had him in, I had the privilege of telling him he was playing a transvestite dragon. Great times. Fearful times.

Actually, I take that back. Being in the studio with Sheena Easton was great, she’s funny and tells great stories.

What would you say is your personal favorite game of all time?
Tough, some old school choices: Chrono Trigger, System Shock 2, Wasteland, or Ultima Underworld 1.

Worst job you’ve ever had?
Campus center supervisor. Which still wasn’t bad. Greatest job aside from game design? Role-playing a criminal in Hogan’s Alley at the FBI training facility in Quantico, VA. Nothing beats an instructor coming by and saying, “today, you are going to be a kidnapper – take this gun and meet with your gang at the pool hall.”

Any other hobbies and interests? What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy defying gravity with heavy weights, runs in April through mud with a Viking Helmet on, doing cartoons for the back pages of Knights of the Dinner Table, writing the occasional Star Wars comic, and concocting various horrible mixed drinks.

We’ve heard you can put away a 32 oz steak and have plenty of room for desert. Is competitive eating an ambition for you?
While you’re asking the question, I’m halfway through the next steak, my friend.

Außerdem gibt 's noch ein cooles neues (?) Foto von Chris, das bei mir irgendwie Erinnerungen an Robert Patrick aus den alten Akte-X Folgen geweckt hat... warum auch immer.

Link:
Interview im Bethblog
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline Ralexand

• Far Go Traders
  • Highwaymanfahrer
Re: Inside the Vault: Chris Avellone
« Antwort #1 am: 13. April 2010, 01:03:09 Uhr »
Coole Sache. :D
Eine der 10 Gebote besagt, du sollst nicht Doppelposten in des FalloutNow's Forum.

Ich bin schon froh, wenn meine Pflanzen nicht sterben.