Autor Thema: Atomic Ninjas: Interview  (Gelesen 1273 mal)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
Atomic Ninjas: Interview
« am: 21. Dezember 2007, 11:24:27 Uhr »
In dem Fallout 3 Blog von Briosafreak ist seit heute ein Interview mit den "Atomic Ninjas", Brother None und SuAside (NMA User) erschienen. Die beiden hatten sich damals auf den Weg zur Games Convention in Leipzig gemacht und sind unter den Fittichen von GamerNode und MadShrimps.de dazu gekommen, sich die Fallout 3 Demo anzusehen, woraufhin ein sehr detailliertes Preview der beiden folgte. Das Besondere an dieser Aktion: Bethesda wusste nichts davon und hätten sie davon vorher Wind bekommen, so wäre ihnen wohl alles daran gelegen, die beiden von der Präsentation fern zu halten - im Nachhinein etwas unverständlich, zumal das Preview der beiden unter Fallout-Fans und professionellen Redakteuren als eines der besten, objektivsten und detailliertesten gehandelt wird... und es sind wirklich sehr viele Previews zu Fallout 3 erschienen.

Zitat
How did the idea of going to watch the Fallout 3 demo come about? Was there really a need of some secrecy and why?

BrotherNone: [...] The only secrecy was not applying in the name of NMA and yes, that was necessary. NMA’s head, Silencer, applied for NMA just after I got in with my application for GamerNode, and was turned down because there was “no room”. In Leipzig, SuAside and I could see journalists getting in by signing up on the spot. So the “full” thing doesn’t seem that likely the reason NMA didn’t get in. Matt Grandstaff later confirmed that it just wasn’t the intention to show it to fansites (despite showing it to smaller and less professional sites than NMA, but it’s the fan-stigma, I guess), so we wouldn’t have got in without some secrecy, yes.

Do you feel that what you did is the result of the way communities and individuals are more and more creating their own content and participating actively on the Web, instead of being passive receivers of pre formatted info?

SuAside: I wouldn’t say so. I simply saw an opportunity and went for it. If you really want to scratch it up to something, it probably was a simple action/reaction from the way the fan community as a whole had been treated by Bethesda. That and the fact that I didn’t trust anyone in the regular press to give me all the facts that I wanted to know.

BrotherNone: I would. Especially since in a lot of ways it was created because not a single gaming site or magazine seemed to be interested in covering the story from our perspective, so we had to go look for ourselves. That’s the way the internet works, I guess, if no media are providing what you want, get it yourself.

Is there anything else you wished you had added or changed to your articles at the time?

BrotherNone: No.

SuAside: More detail, deeper analysis, broader opinion pieces, and perhaps a list of pointers for Bethesda? That would’ve been nice, but I’m very happy with what we published. While there’s always room for improvement, I don’t feel as if anything requires fixing.

Links:
Interview mit BrotherNone und SuAside
NMA Fallout 3 Preview
« Letzte Änderung: 09. Januar 2008, 18:19:49 Uhr von Lexx »
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die