Autor Thema: Chat mit Jesse Heinig  (Gelesen 1215 mal)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
Chat mit Jesse Heinig
« am: 22. Mai 2009, 03:25:23 Uhr »
Diese Nacht hat eine kleine Chat-Runde mit Jesse Heinig im Chat vom Fallout Wiki The Vault stattgefunden. Jesse Heinig war als Programmierer und zusätzlicher Game Designer an der Entwicklung von Fallout 1 beteiligt. Den Chatlog wollen wir euch natürlich nicht vorenthalten, vor allem da viele neue und interessante Details über Fallout erwähnt werden.

Leider ist der Chatlog nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar. Eine deutsche Übersetzung ist vorerst nicht geplant. Desweiteren haben wir uninteressante bzw. nicht auf Fallout bezogene Einträge der Übersichtlichkeit wegen herausgelöscht.

Zitat
<Mikael_Grizzly> Jesse_Heinig: Is there more backstory to Ian than what we see in game?
<Jesse_Heinig> A little - Ian was kind of an experiment; the earliest design docs called for it to be a party-based RPG, and later that got cut because it was deemed unnecessary, so a lot of stuff wasn't implemented in the code for it. I thought that, using some tricks in the scripting engine, I could make persistent party members doable, so I made Ian as a test case. It sorta worked - there was that bug with the multiplying Ians, and some other problems - but Tim Cain, Jesse Reynolds and the other guys sorted out the code issues and we decided to keep 'em in the game.  Ian was a no-nonsense guy who worked as a caravan guard. In a sense, you know how you can work for any of the companies in the Hub? Ian does the same thing. He picks up whichever caravan is paying well, travels from town to town, shoots radscorpions.

The real-life Ian is a fun guy and pretty chaotic, he likes taking chances and seeing new things, he's handy with a gun and has some interesting quirks in his family history. I didn't get to model all of that in a few lines of dialog but I wanted to give the impression that he was very self-reliant, tough, annoyed at getting wounded, and maybe a little overconfident. ;)

<Ausir> deathclaws being genetically engineered by the army probably wasn't the original backstory and was made up later by FO2 devs, I assume?
<Jesse_Heinig> Yeah. Originally it was just a leftover monster. As I recall it was going to be a unique thing that menaced the caravans of the Hub, before it got all over the place in the Boneyard. I *think* it was made from a model of the Tarrasque that was made for . . . Descent to Undermountain? Not sure off the top of my head.
<Ausir> it was for some canceled D&D game

Link:
Chatlog mit Jesse Heinig
« Letzte Änderung: 03. August 2010, 12:22:38 Uhr von Lexx »
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline Mr.Wolna

• Heilige Granate
  • >>>FALLOUT4EVER<<<
Re: Chat mit Jesse Heinig
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Mai 2009, 05:29:51 Uhr »
WOW  :o

#pray danke das ist SEHR interessant.
RPÜ/German Restoration Project Tanslation
Ich habe ein Gewehr, eine Schaufel und 5 Hektar Land hinter dem Haus. Man wird dich nie finden - leg dich also nicht mit mir an!  
P.s. Nein es ist nicht die Gewalt was mich an der Fallout Reihe gereizt hat,aber sie war immer die Kirsche auf der Sahnetorte ( Und ich will verdammt nochmal ne Kirsche oben drauf haben)