Autor Thema: Wasteland 2 - McComb im Interview mit Grimuar Sferowca  (Gelesen 3224 mal)

Offline kaubonbon

• Newsposter
  • Elder
  • Hör auf den mit dem unsäglichen Nickname.
Wasteland 2 - McComb im Interview mit Grimuar Sferowca
« am: 07. Januar 2013, 14:56:00 Uhr »
In einem Interview mit der polnischen Planescape: Torment-Fanseite Grimuar Sferowca wurde Colin McComb, Autor in beiden Wasteland-Teilen, neben seiner Arbeit an Planescape: Torment auch zu Wasteland 2 befragt.

So erfahren wir etwa, dass er momentan an einem "sehr höflichen" Kannibalen-Kult und den damit verbundenen Quests und Charakteren arbeitet:
Zitat
GS: Colin, you'd worked on numerous books and adventures for the Planescape setting, you took part in the development of Torment's storyline, and lately you've been involved in the designing of a post-nuclear world of tomorrow. Could you tell us in brief what were your responsibilities on the Torment team and what are you responsible for now as a writer on Wasteland 2?

Colin McComb: In 1996-99, my title was "game designer". Now, that title would probably be adjusted to "narrative designer"; though I was responsible for some mechanical work and some scripting, I was primarily responsible for developing characters, quests, and some items.

My work for Wasteland 2 is very similar to that. Right now I'm working on fleshing out a very polite cannibal cult and making sure there's plenty to do and experience in my particular area. I think there's a good depth of reactivity here, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays when it's implemented. One of the great things about the preproduction lead-time we have is that we'll have time to make necessary changes and get everything working just right.

Links:
Interview von Grimuar Sferowca
via RPG Codex

Offline kaubonbon

• Newsposter
  • Elder
  • Hör auf den mit dem unsäglichen Nickname.
Re: Wasteland 2 - McComb im Interview mit Grimuar Sferowca
« Antwort #1 am: 07. Januar 2013, 22:52:42 Uhr »
Klar, es ist noch 'etwas früh' um solche Urteile zu fällen, aber das könnte wohl in Richtung White Glove Society gehen.

Wobei es sich dabei auch um kannibalistische Stammesleute handeln könnte, die einfach nur sehr umsichtig zu Werke gehen... ;)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
Re: Wasteland 2 - McComb im Interview mit Grimuar Sferowca
« Antwort #2 am: 08. Januar 2013, 06:18:33 Uhr »
Die White Glove Society ist nicht der einzige Kannibalenstamm in den Medien. :>

Die Kannibalen in Six-String Samurai waren auch nett... am Anfang.
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die