Autor Thema: Wasteland 2 - Reddit AMA  (Gelesen 8696 mal)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
Wasteland 2 - Reddit AMA
« am: 13. April 2012, 18:03:21 Uhr »
Kurz notiert: In wenigen Minuten werden Brian Fargo und Chris Avellone auf Reddit ein Ask Me Anything veranstalten. Solltet ihr also Fragen über Gott und die Welt haben und einen Reddit-Account besitzen, tobt euch aus.

Link:
Reddit AMA
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline tortured Tomato

• Highwaymanfahrer
Re: Wasteland 2 - Reddit AMA
« Antwort #1 am: 13. April 2012, 18:36:00 Uhr »
Zitat
Zitat
ronin84 16 Punkte 30 Minuten zuvor

Brian, could you tell us anything in regards to where you're going (or hoping to go) with the game engine? Obviously top down, but are you looking into isometric? Straight down? Fully rotatable (Neverwinter Nights)? Something like Van Buren? Would love to know your ideal goal with this.

[–]BrianFargoCEO inXile Entertainment 8 Punkte 7 Minuten zuvor

I probably have not been clear on this but the main city exploration and battles will take take place on an isometric view. There will be limited zooming but unlikely for full rotation. And the world map which gives you the larger scope of the world may or may not be isometric. Straight down for that may suffice but I want to experiment to see if there is a nice look we can achieve with a more isometric angle on that perspective. I should re-iterate that these are the kinds of things that we will throw samples up to the forums for feedback. Once we agree on the look is when I turn the artists loose.

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
« Antwort #2 am: 13. April 2012, 18:49:32 Uhr »
Vielleicht keine schlechte Idee, die auf Wasteland 2 bezogenen Antworten hier im Thread zu zitieren.
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline randy

• Far Go Traders
  • Atomsprengkopf
  • SUP BITCHES?
« Antwort #3 am: 13. April 2012, 21:48:33 Uhr »
Jo mich dort durchzuforsten is mir jetzt zu stressig. Macht mal  :)
"You just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds!" ABOUT ME

Zitat von: /b/ - randy
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Offline persistent_gloom

• Far Go Traders
  • BoS Neuling
« Antwort #4 am: 13. April 2012, 21:56:54 Uhr »
Mal was interessantes zu Obsidian:

Zitat von: libfun
Chris, question about Obsidian. There were a lot of talks about studio about a month ago with all that reductions and other unpleasant things concerning your contract with Bethesda on New Vegas. With that in mind can you tell me about the way Obsidian is going to choose after South Park is out? Would it rather stay with publishers mostly doing sequels for big publishers like before since your Alpha Protocol new IP was not so succesful and will probably scare publishers off or go indie-way with all these new Kickstarter thing? I understand that it is not really solid topic but if you can say something on it I will be really thankful.

Zitat von: Chris Avellone
Note this is just personal opinion. I can't predict the future, no matter how much Snake Squeezin's I drink.

So I believe Obsidian will continue to work with publishers. We'll continue doing larger RPGs, some will be sequels, some hopefully will be new, and some hopefully will be our own creations. But when it comes to stuff we've created, our chances of "owning" that world is rare to non-existent (Alpha Protocol is owned by SEGA, for example).

However, the idea of player/crowd-funding was something the industry considered as an option until Tim and Double Fine did it. Has that changed our view of the marketplace? Sure. And have we wanted to do small games? Sure. So it's an interesting time for the industry, and Kickstarter's a great way to directly ask fans what they want.

Edit:
Zum Thema inwieweit Chris Avellone in die Produktion eingebunden wird.

Zitat von: Tanglebones
Hi Chris! What elements of the game do you expect to be involved with? If it's story, what aspects of the PS:T/Fallout:NV storylines do you hope to implement?

Zitat von: Chris Avellone
Story, characters, area design, quests.
Note that the best way we've found is what was done with Fallout 2: One person leads the charge on the overall game arc, then the game is divided into zones that each designer takes charge of (so, using F2's example, I got a 1-2 pager on New Reno, Vault City, and the Raiders... plus the special encounters, then ran with the design).
« Letzte Änderung: 13. April 2012, 22:03:57 Uhr von persistent_gloom »
Zitat
look my eyes are just holograms

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
« Antwort #5 am: 13. April 2012, 22:24:56 Uhr »

Offline persistent_gloom

• Far Go Traders
  • BoS Neuling
« Antwort #6 am: 13. April 2012, 22:26:44 Uhr »
Ziemlich cool gemachte Bilder von einem Fan:

Link
Zitat

Offline Kaiser Augustus

• Highwaymanfahrer
  • dead men tell no tales
    • Ravenmodding
« Antwort #7 am: 13. April 2012, 23:00:43 Uhr »
sind paar recht nette Sachen dabei. Danke für den Link.

Offline Gorny1

• Elder
  • Für den Imperator!
« Antwort #8 am: 14. April 2012, 00:20:13 Uhr »
so much win:

Zitat
I wanted to know more about "establishing a new ranger station in Cali" will it be anything like crossroad keep from nwn2?

ChrisAvelloneCCO Obsidian Entertainment:

I hope so, we felt the NWN2 stronghold (and the Old World Blues homebase) were things players really responded to, and we enjoyed implementing those mechanics.
  #thumbsup #thumbsup
Wobei ich Old World Blues nicht gespielt habe, wie weit ging das da mit einer Homebase? Ich hab gehört das wäre nur so ein bischen was mit Implantaten und diesen Geräten mit Persönlichkeiten.?
Ich kämpfe bis die Hölle zu friert und dann kämpf ich auf dem Eis weiter!!!
! Watch now: Gornys Oldgames !
Gornys Oldgames bei Facebook!

Offline persistent_gloom

• Far Go Traders
  • BoS Neuling
« Antwort #9 am: 14. April 2012, 00:29:11 Uhr »
Auf der offiziellen WL2-Website gibt es ein neues Concept Art:

Zitat

Offline tortured Tomato

• Highwaymanfahrer
Wasteland 2 - Scorpitron 2.0 Konzept
« Antwort #10 am: 14. April 2012, 00:31:25 Uhr »
Abgefahren. Wenn die die Stimmung nur ins Spiel kriegen! Man möchte bei solchen Konzept-Art-Bonbons ja fast schon ein First-Person-Spiel haben. :D

Offline persistent_gloom

• Far Go Traders
  • BoS Neuling
Re: Wasteland 2 - Scorpitron 2.0 Konzept
« Antwort #11 am: 14. April 2012, 00:34:43 Uhr »
Wasteland 2 wird ein Shooter im CryEngine3-Gerüst :D.
Zitat

Offline le Chew

• Vertibirdpilot
    • zero-projekt.net
« Antwort #12 am: 14. April 2012, 15:03:54 Uhr »
« Letzte Änderung: 14. April 2012, 15:05:51 Uhr von le Chew »

Offline Tyler

• Heilige Granate
  • Discord #2324
« Antwort #13 am: 14. April 2012, 15:13:50 Uhr »
Ahahahah!!! #lachen# #lachen#

Wie gut ist das denn bitte?!! :s000:
"Soviet radiation is the best radiation in the world."
- Artur Korneyev

First rule of gun safety: Have fun

Offline Abram

• BoS Neuling
  • Howdy.
« Antwort #14 am: 14. April 2012, 15:24:05 Uhr »
Eher peinlich was die Leute für einen Müll labern (also der 2. link), aber auf alle Fälle souverän reagiert von Avellone.
The fun machine took a shit and died...

Offline le Chew

• Vertibirdpilot
    • zero-projekt.net
« Antwort #15 am: 14. April 2012, 15:56:33 Uhr »
Eher peinlich was die Leute für einen Müll labern (also der 2. link), aber auf alle Fälle souverän reagiert von Avellone.

Na deswegen ja ->  #lachen#

Das Meiste ist :wall1cf: und  :wtf - Interwebz halt. Zumindest hats trotzdem noch eine Handvoll Dollar sinnvolle Infos produziert.

Offline Abram

• BoS Neuling
  • Howdy.
« Antwort #16 am: 14. April 2012, 17:13:39 Uhr »
Die allermeisten Fragen waren so? Echt? Muss super frustrierend für die Entwickler sein, ich hoffe mal es hat sich für sie irgendwie gelohnt.
The fun machine took a shit and died...

Offline le Chew

• Vertibirdpilot
    • zero-projekt.net
« Antwort #17 am: 14. April 2012, 17:36:04 Uhr »
Naja - nicht unbedingt alles war auf dem Level. Für mich haben aber viele Sachen keinen Sinn gemacht - also dieses ganze "Hast du Tipps für mich wie ich ein Gamedeveloper werden kann"-Gelaber - oder Fragen zu Obsidian-Produkten oder wann Fallout 4 erscheint... ( :wtf )

Für mich war der Context halt eher Brian Fargo + Chris Avellone = Wasteland 2, nicht "schnatter mit devs über irgendwas".