Autor Thema: Meet New Vegas’ Scott Everts  (Gelesen 4107 mal)

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
Meet New Vegas’ Scott Everts
« am: 21. Mai 2011, 20:01:30 Uhr »
Der Bethblog hat ein kurzes Interview mit Obsidians Scott Everts online. Auszug:

Zitat
What’s your job at Obsidian?
I’m a worldbuilder on both Fallout New Vegas and the DLC’s we are currently developing.  My official title is Technical Designer which is kind of a generic title since I’ve done many different jobs over the years. I’ve spent the past 5 years or so focusing on worldbuilding and prop making. I did maps & props for Neverwinter Nights II and the two expansions. Before that I designed the interface screens for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II on PC & Xbox.

What games have you worked on?
I’ve worked on quite a few! Some of the more popular titles I worked on were Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, Star Trek: Judgment Rites, Stonekeep, Fallout, Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (say that 3 times fast!), Neverwinter Nights 2 plus two expansions, and Fallout: New Vegas. And for real old-school gamers, my first published game was Crystal Quest for the Apple IIgs!

You’ve gone from being a Level Designer on Fallout 1 &2 to a World Builder for New Vegas. How are things different, and what’s stayed the same?
The tools are so much better! Building maps in Fallout was very time consuming. The art selection tools were really clunky. The art assets were just a sequential list with no organization so finding just the right piece could take awhile. Eventually you remembered that the corner building piece one was five pages into the asset list while corner piece two was eight pages. I can’t imagine having to build levels that way now. As for staying the same, the interaction between worldbuilding, art, and design has stayed pretty much the same. Though I usually don’t get map designs written on Denny’s napkins any longer. Yes, I got some for Fallout that way!

Das komplette Interview könnt ihr im Bethesda Blog finden.

Link:
Interview im Bethblog
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline Tyler

• Heilige Granate
  • Discord #2324
Re: Meet New Vegas’ Scott Everts
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Mai 2011, 20:07:46 Uhr »
Zitat
The art selection tools were really clunky. The art assets were just a sequential list with no organization so finding just the right piece could take awhile.
Eventually you remembered that the corner building piece one was five pages into the asset list while corner piece two was eight pages.
Ich weiß schon, warum ich da nie drangeblieben bin.
Wie hältst du das nur aus, Lexx? #pray
"Soviet radiation is the best radiation in the world."
- Artur Korneyev

First rule of gun safety: Have fun

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Mai 2011, 20:08:15 Uhr »
Wenn man die Objektpositionen gelernt hat, geht 's recht flink.
only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die

Offline Surf Solar

• Vertibirdpilot
  • #
« Antwort #3 am: 21. Mai 2011, 20:11:02 Uhr »
Erinnert mich ein bischen an die Platzierung von Walls oder Tiles im Fallout mapper. :P

Offline Lexx

• Administrator
  • Auserwähltes Wesen
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Mai 2011, 20:29:49 Uhr »
Genau darum ging es auch.

Offline Surf Solar

• Vertibirdpilot
  • #
« Antwort #5 am: 21. Mai 2011, 21:04:24 Uhr »
Das passiert wenn man das Forum fix nach dem Rebooten neu liest und ueberfliegt.  :wall1cf:
My apoligies. :)